The Verseidag Path to Carbon-Neutral Production
Ever since the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG) came into force in 2004, Germany has set its sights on continuously reducing electricity production from nuclear and fossil fuels as part of the transition to renewable energy sources. This tour de force is unparalleled worldwide and Verseidag is helping to foot the bill with a high six-figure euro amount annually in the form of the so-called EEG surcharge.
As of 2021, all Verseidag products will be manufactured using 100% carbon-neutral electricity.
To bring us closer to this ambitious goal, the following energy innovation projects have so far been realised on our own initiative up until 2020
- Installation of a 715 kWp photovoltaic system
- Changeover to LED lighting at all sites
- Changeover to variable-speed compressors for the compressed air supply
- Processes cooled by a free-cooling system with a closed water circuit
- Catalytic oxidation
on the basis of the:
- Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001 ff.
- Energy Management Standard ISO 50001 ff.
From 1 January 2021, this action plan for sustainable production will be supplemented by the purchase of carbon-neutral electricity generated at hydroelectric power plants in Scandinavia.